Call for Abstracts
The Aesthetic Meeting 2019
On behalf of The Aesthetic Society's Program Committee, we invite you to submit an abstract for The Aesthetic Meeting 2019 sponsored by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and the Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation, to be held at the New Orleans Convention Center, New Orleans, LA - May 16 - 21.
We are planning another exciting meeting and hope to be able to include your presentation as a part of our excellent educational program. Here's a list of some of the offerings planned:
- Women Aesthetic Surgeons' Symposium - Thursday, May 16
- Optional Education - Thursday, May 16 - Monday, May 20
- Residents and Fellows Forum - Thursday, May 16
- Rhinoplasty Symposium - Friday, May 17
- Premiere Global Hot Topics - Friday, May 17
- Cadaver Workshops - Friday, May 17 and Saturday, May 18
- Cosmetic Medicine - Friday, May 17
- Aesthetic Marketplace (Commercial exhibits and more) - Saturday, May 18 - Monday, May 20
- Practice Changers in the Aesthetic Marketplace during breaks and lunch
The specialty depends on the shared experience of practicing aesthetic plastic surgeons to enhance its Scientific Program. Abstracts will be grouped by topic, to include face, breast, body contouring, rhinoplasty, and miscellaneous topics. You may submit as many abstracts as you like, however, each presenter will be limited to only one presentation per topic. Each abstract must be a completed study, following the stated outline, and as extensive as possible to permit accurate review. Incomplete abstracts cannot be evaluated and therefore, cannot be accepted.
Abstracts must be original presentations and cannot have been presented at a previous national plastic surgery meeting.
International Participants - International abstracts will be considered for the Scientific Program. We encourage our international colleagues to submit abstracts and be a part of The Aesthetic Meeting 2019 and will be eligible for nomination for the Raymond Vilain Award. This award is presented for an outstanding international scientific presentation at the Aesthetic Meeting.
All correspondence will be conducted via e-mail. Your e-mail address is required for abstract submission. If you change your e-mail address, it is your responsibility to inform us at email@example.com.
Oral abstracts for the 2019 Scientific Program will be presented in a 5 minute format.
The abstract must be 800 words or less, utilizing the following mandatory outline:
Practice Changer Presentations:
The Practice Changers will consist of multiple simultaneous presentations - 10 - 15 minutes each - of a technique, product or research that would enhance the plastic surgeons' practices. Confirmed exhibitors are invited to submit. If accepted, the presentations will be made in The Aesthetic Marketplace at the Practice Changers Theater - amidst other activities including exhibits, coffee breaks, lunch, and vendors' theatre!
Scientific Poster Presentations:
- Poster presentations are limited to 12 Power Point Slides (not including the title slide).
- The slides will be uploaded to a template on a printed meter board to be viewed during the week.
- Scientific Posters must be submitted by a physician, no company produced posters will be accepted.
Thank you for your interest in The Aesthetic Meeting 2019 and your commitment to furthering education in aesthetic surgery.
Jamil Ahmad, MD